Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday at my old church

Well, I'm happy to say that my visit to my childhood church went very pleasantly and I was able to see and talk to many people I know.  Was nice to get caught up with them, see how their children have grown.  My friend Tracy's little girl, Megan, is just a little angel.  She's got the most beautiful little face, with big blue eyes, and tiny white-blonde curls all over her head.  She's so cute! 

Was fortunate to sit in the row in front of a friend I used to go to another church with, there with her son, who is the same age as Dartagnan.  She gave me some sad news about her marriage and I really feel for her.  She's facing a lot of challenges right now and we exchanged numbers again so we can get together and talk sometime this week.  She is just such a sweet, kind person, that I really hope that her future holds something very positive for her soon.

Visiting was a better experience than I thought it would be.  I do like the church music there better (no hymns; pretty much all current Christian worship music).  The message was also particularly good; it was all about transformation, as the senior pastor is retiring and passing the mantle to his son.  He referenced the children of Israel crossing the Jordan into the land of Canaan, Elijah leaving Elisha. 

Delaney wanted to run all over the church and it took me, my mom, and Dartagnan to corral her and keep her from running wild.  She wanted to explore the balcony, so I walked up one set of stairs with her and brought her down another.  She thought that was fabulous.  Kids are so easily entertained.  It's awesome!

Delaney ran a slight fever last night.  Saturday and Sunday she's had a bit of a runny nose and a cough.  She woke at 3:30 am and was warm and needed a drink.  Got her settled back down, but had a little trouble falling back to sleep myself because my neck was really stiff again.  Microwaved the heat pack and used that for a bit.  Helps relax the muscles.  Was able to get back to sleep pretty quick after that.

Jon arrived home last night from Orlando around 9:30.  Was good to have him home.  He was excited because he made some good contacts with doctors in the field, two who offered to mentor him.  This may lead to a short associateship or preceptorship while I finish Palmer after Jon graduates.  If that would happen, it would be a blessing.

I just have to say that with how cold it has been and the persistence of the ice to not melt away, I am just really ready to move to a warmer climate.  Florida would be very nice right now, indeed.

Got adjusted this morning in between classes and it was exactly what I needed.  I feel so much better now, although a little sleepy (this is normal for me, because I always feel a little sleepy after an adjustment - maybe because it relaxes me so much after I've been tense from being subluxated).  After the adjustment, I had to hurry up and finish my Cervicals homework, two worksheets. 

Going to move my car and switch out my books for my next class, my favorite, Phys Di.

No comments:

Post a Comment