Friday, February 4, 2011

My First Adjustment!

I'm totally excited!  Just performed my first adjustment in Cervicals class and it went very well!  I was so nervous, and I didn't get done in the 25 minute timeframe that would have allowed me to get 2 extra credit points (but no one in the class today did).  We had to do the work-up with visualization (checking for indicators of right or left superiority/inferiority), ortho-neuro testing, leg check, instrumentation, palpation and x-ray findings.  Then we had to decide which adjustment is best for the patient based on all the findings.  My patient had a VSC (vertebral subluxation complex) at C4 and I performed a Dth (double thumb) adjustment, prone, at C4.  After, the leg check was no change, but pain on extension was decreased, and the nervoscope revealed the break that had been at C4 was no longer present.  Yea!  I was happy I didn't hurt my patient and that the adjustment "went." 

Now I'm just reviewing my notes for the Abdomen Practical in Phys Di, which is in 30 minutes.  After that, I hopefully will have time to run home and grab something to eat before Board Review begins at 4.  That goes until 9 tonight and starts up again at 8 am tomorrow morning.  Quite the weekend.  I just have to say I'm thankful we had a snow day this week so it seemed like I sort of had a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment