Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday

Well, today, Friday,September 24th, is my birthday. Has been a very pleasant day. Got up, got ready to go & when I came back to the bedroom, Jon had a card waiting for me. Was very sweet.

Went to PNS (is a 7:30 class). We're going over Sympathetic vs. Parasympathetics now, comparing and contrasting them.

After that, went to see Dr. Tatum & looked over my make-up Exam 2. Didn't do as well as I had hoped to do & mistakenly thought I had scored 32, when in actuality, was only 22 on regular portion of exam. The slide portion (there are slides that have to be interpreted, 12 on each test), was OK: score of 10. Mind you, this test was taken while I was still not feeling well: nose running, coughing, headache, etc.

Realized this morning that I actually feel good again! It has been one month of being sick. Glad I'm over it.

After reveiwing my test and seeing where my errors were, headed over to yoga at Indigo Wellness and was a very good session. A slower pace than what I'm used to, but still challenging. Felt so good and so relaxing.

Came home & got ready for lunch with my best friend since middle school, Patricia. We had lunch together at the Symposium Cafe. They have a delicious marinated mushroom wrap that is so hearty & filling. I was bad too: had the fries instead of salad. They were tasty, but my GI tract protested shortly after leaving the cafe. Just can't handle greasy/fried food well anymore. Really bothers me.

Was so good to see Patricia. Don't get to spend as much time as I want to with my friends anymore. It can be tough. We caught up and had some good "girl talk."

Came back home and finished editing/reformatting Dr. Taylor's next note set from his website: http://www.pathclass.org/ I don't like how they are posted on-line, so I make the font smaller (which can save up to 10 pages of print), & I also read through it to make it as succinct as possible and to use abbrev. & symbols when I can. Want to not only conserve paper, but to have just the info that is really relevant w/out having to sort thru the extra verbage.

Got that printed out before leaving for Systems Pathology. Ended up not needing it for class, because he didn't lecture that far.

I'm falling asleep writing this. So tired today...

We are headed to Crane & Pelican Cafe in LeClaire tonight for dinner & to a play at the Whittenmeyer Complex. Should be fun hanging out with our friends Paul & Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment