Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tri is nearing the end...

I'm not doing well in PNS and after tutoring only got me 6 points higher on the second test (which I cannot blame on the tutor, because I didn't study enough on my own), I decided to see what I can get done on my own again. It is hard to set aside the time to study when so many other things/people are calling out for my attention. But I must. I must pass it this time.

Over the weekend, I worked on getting us organized in our filing again. So much was out of order and I had a stack of papers to sort (seem to build up over a month). Spent some time sorting out old files, shredding, putting together new files. Feels good to know where things are and have a system that makes some sense. While I was working on that and other things (did some cooking, cleaning, 3 loads of laundry, took Lani to her swim lesson), Jon was hard at work on Dartagnan's bedroom, priming and painting the trim. He alternated that with working outside on our berm. He's remodeling the earth to form really cool yin-yang type patterns (ariel view) so that there will be gravel pathways between for easy access to weed and plant and prune, etc. It is "shaping" up really nicely.

Sunday Jon and I dropped the kids to my mom & dad's and went on a 10-hour road trip. Jon's mom asked us to meet her in Milwaukee to pick up Jon's sister, Jani, and take her back home from her visit to Washington Island. Was so good to see family and have a leisurely lunch together. Jani was so animated on the way home and catching up with Jon. I was studying, mostly. :) Got quite a lot of studying done in the van that day, actually.

Before we left Sunday morning, Jon had finished the final touch-ups on Dartagnan's new room's paint. So when we arrived home Sunday night, Jon put together D's bed frame and we got his mattress moved from our sunroom floor downstairs. He finally got to sleep in his new room!

Had a test in Systems Pathology yesterday & am still feeling a little exhausted from it. It was a tough test. There was an entire section that I didn't review because I thought it was on the last test. Not sure how I did, but felt confident on the material I had reviewed.

I've had too much cheese/dairy products the past few days and feel a bit yuck. I think I'll make a double batch of waffles tonight to freeze and have for dinner.

Jon had to leave for Peoria late last night. A relative had a stroke and is in the hospital. Jon wanted to be there to support his family, of course. He will be back home this afternoon; I miss him, which is a little silly, since we are together almost all the time! But really, he is so laid back and great to be around, that when he's not here, it is weird. I was single for so long and never thought I'd feel that way about anyone, not even Dartagnan. Although I really do miss Dartagnan when he's not here too, even though he doesn't talk much now that he is a teen.

Time to head back to class. Systems Path. We'll see what funny stories Dr. Taylor has for us today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment