Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sick...again

Dartagnan and I are home sick today. I had a rough night last night and so did he. I was waking up every few hours, taking cough syrup every 4 because I couldn't sleep due to how hard I was coughing. My chest aches. Dartagnan went to bed early last night, but woke up with fever off and on thru the night. Me too. Not running one this morning, but still feel awful and will be going back to sleep as soon as I finish this post.

Tuesday Dartagnan broke his finger trying a ninja move on his friend, who put his knee up to block it. So the proximal end of his middle phalange of the 4th digit is fractured (the center segment of his ring finger) on his right hand. I told him no more ninja moves.

This morning I had to take Dartagnan to get the splint fitted for his finger. He'll go back in a month to get another set of x-rays to see how the fracture is healing. While at the MD's office, I made an appointment for myself. Have had chest tightness, productive cough, & fever off and on since last Thursday or Friday. Just have not been feeling well.

Went to see the NP and she gave me an inhaler and a z-pack. If it is the start of walking pneumonia like it feels like, then the z-pack should take care of it. I had been waiting to see if it would just resolve on its own, but I've not been improving, so broke down and went.

The stress of this week hasn't helped much either. Tuesday was the Axis Practical in Toggle and the 2nd exam in Systems Pathology. Today I was supposed to take the Rad II 2nd exam, but will take a make-up on Tuesday, next week, instead. Tomorrow afternoon is the Toggle Mid-Term, which sounds like it will be a bear. I received private tutoring for PNS on Monday night for 2 hours and was feverish for the first hour and chilled for the 2nd hour. I learned a lot, but my head was a little fuzzy (has been, being sick), so was more than ready to leave when my time was up. I need tutoring because I'm don't want to fail the course a 2nd time. Also, a Renal group project (short problem) was due Wednesday, so our group met on Tuesday to work on it. Just seems like there has been so much this week.

Delaney has been really bad about desparately trying to keep herself awake as long as possible at night, too, and woke up today with sniffles...I hope she's not getting sick again, too. Last Friday, the preschool called us and we had to pick her up at noon because she was running a fever. She was fine by Sunday, but Saturday was sick all day.

I'm just ready for the weekend to arrive: we will be going to Peoria, IL, to visit Jon's family and it will be pleasant and relaxing. Sounds good to me! Now, I'm lying down and going to rest for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment