Friday, September 10, 2010

Boards

Thankfully, I am not taking Boards, the tests that are required for gaining licensure in the U.S. They are being held this weekend. Started today (I think) and Thursday and Wednesday were study days for students in 4th Tri and higher. So has been nice to have some time off, especially since I was still not feeling well yesterday.

Today felt a bit better and cleaned house and studied this morning. I got quite a bit done. Decided that since I had accomplished so much, that I would go to yoga at noon. Was so refreshing and relaxing. Went to Indigo Wellness www.indigowellness.com and Shannon, the teacher, was very calm and peaceful. I think I may have to get a card for multiple sessions.

This afternoon I had tutoring with Dr. Rogers and felt good about that. Picked up Lani and fed her dinner and got her bathed. She's watching "Peter Pan" and enjoying the songs immensely. I signed her up for ballet and swim lessons at the Y http://scottcountyfamilyy.org/bettendorf/default.asp She had fun last night at her ballet class. We had to then hurry to the high school, as it was Parent Teacher Conference night. Met with all of Dartagnan's teachers except one (we ran out of time) and then had to get him to his hip-hop dance class (lessons for him started this week too, like Lani) in Moline at The Academy of Performing Arts http://www.qcacademy.com/ He's exceited to be back in dance. He has Jazz/Ballet on Monday nights and wants to add in Ballroom and Salsa, but we have to find a place for him to take it that, as he says, isn't "scary" which really means, that it isn't just adults, but also some teens or just teens. This won't be easy to find in the Quad-Cities.

So in the morning, I'm planning to go to the Farmer's Market with my mom early (7:30 feels early on a Saturday), then later, at 10:15, take Lani to her swim lesson. After we get back home, I'll get ready to go horseback riding with my friend Callie, who has two horses stabled about an hour away from here. I've not been with her before, but I think we'll have a great ride. Callie's in Boards, so I know she will be welcoming the opportunity to get away from the books/Palmer for a bit. Might convince Jon to go out with Callie and her friends to dinner tomorrow night...we'll see if he feels like it. He will be working on Dartagnan's room tomorrow, getting it painted. (Yea!)

Think I'm going to put a load of laundry in the machine and read some Renal Physiology or write out some PNS pathways before I hit the hay. Jon is still out of town. He left earlier this afternoon to meet his mom and stepdad in Peoria and drop off a painting to them. He hasn't left yet but will come home tonight, I think. :) Dartagnan is staying the night at my mom's house and hanging out with his cousins (my sister-in-law and her two boys just moved back in with my mom and dad about two weeks ago while my brother is traveling in the Pacific for the Marines until December).

No comments:

Post a Comment