Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cervicals update

I am typing this post on my new laptop Jon bought me for Christmas!  I love it!  It is a Compaq Presario and the screen is nice and wide and it is a really sweet gift!  Yea!  It is exactly what I wanted.  Now I just need to figure out how to download to my iPod...

Anyway, today's Cervical practical was really nerve-racking.  I was very nervous and afraid I'd not remember anything.  I remember enough.  I scored 30 out of a possible 36.  When I'm under pressure in the practical setting, I just feel like I'm not going to be able to remember anything at all.  I did remember quite a bit more than I thought I would, but tended to mess up the little stuff, like keeping my arm close to my body.  I was the last one to leave.  Had Christin for my partner and she was really easy to work with.  She's very good and went before me, so I was really thinking about my listings, which are handed out at the beginning on a card, to try to think through what the set ups and motions would be.  Christin and I stayed a little after class and talked with Dr. Swanson and expressed our opinion that the class could almost use another hour each day just for practicing set-ups and thrusts to get them down better and to have professor feedback so we know if we are performing correctly.  She agreed that it would be beneficial because of the sheer amount of information covered in the class.

I'm happy that that practical is over.  Tomorrow I have one class, PNS, at 7:30 & I'm thrilled because then I'm officially on break!  Planning to help judge the Karen's Kris Kringle Kubical Kontest in Admissions at noon and then going out to lunch (& possibly margaritas!) with some of my friends when they get done at 1.  I think we'll have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment