Thursday, December 9, 2010

Upcoming Quiz, Tests, Practicals...

This week has been sooo busy!  Lani vomited at school on Tuesday.  Thankfully, she waited until 4:45 to get sick.  That may sound really calloused, but the less class Jon and I have to miss, the better.  So he picked her up from daycare because I was still in the Cervicals tutorial until 5:00.  Jon was still fighting a bug on Monday and missed classes that day.  Since Lani couldn't return to daycare the next day (there is a 24-hour rule to keep the kids from spreading bacteria and viruses around), Jon missed class again on Tuesday to stay home with her.  Dartagnan was feeling lousy Monday and Tuesday and he was home both days too.

Lani was fine all day Tuesday, so she returned to school yesterday and was very happy to go back (home all day when we can't play with her because we are studying is boring for a 2-year-old).  Dartagnan was also feeling better and so was Jon.  Everyone went to school on Wednesday. 

My friend Laura, who I've not seen in about a month, came over to chat and share some wine last night.  She brought a great bottle of pinot noir and we sipped and caught up on each other's crazy lives for two hours.  Was good to see her and spend a little time with one of my favorite people.  Was needed for my mental health!

Today I have a quiz in Phys Di and tomorrow there is a practical in there.  I'm not too nervous about the quiz, but am nervous about the practical.  I'll be practicing the items we'll cover today in class again on someone (anyone who will let me run through it with them after the quiz), and again tonight on Jon or Dartagnan or both.  Lani doesn't like to sit still for the ear and eye exams (normal behavior for her age!), so I won't be practicing on her.  On Monday, we have the test over Unit 2, which is Head & Neck, Eyes, Ears, Nose, & Throat.  There is a lot of reading for it.  I'm currently reading the Eyes chapter and will hopefully finish the next chapter before class this afternoon.

Tomorrow I have a written test in Cervicals.  Nervous about that because I feel like we've really flown through the material and I'm pretty sure I have not assimilated it yet.  It would be nice to have more practice than one or two set-ups for each type of adjustment.  It is so much less practice than Toggle...so I will be reading Cervicals and having Jon quiz me tonight, too.

I'm so glad that we are not going anywhere this weekend!  I really need a weekend at home.  Our friend Janice will be coming to dinner Saturday evening when she gets off work and I'm really looking forward to catching up with her, too.  That is one thing that has been really hard about Palmer; I feel like I don't get to stay in contact with my friends the way I would like to because of time constraints.  If not careful, relationships can be damaged due to it.

Time to head to Tox!

No comments:

Post a Comment