Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday/Funday!

Had so much fun with the girls at lunch!  We went to Los Agaves and had margaritas and delish Mexican food.  They were so kind to create a vegetarian version of chilaquiles verdes that I love.  It was truly savory.  The bell peppers and mushrooms were sauteed, but not overcooked and the flavors were such a wonderful compliment to the salty sweet Jose Cuervo margarita.  Was fun to laugh about school, talk about where we are headed over break, where we might practice, funny things our children do/say...a very pleasantly passed two hours.  Yep.  Two hours we were there.  And it didn't seem like it at all.

I came home and took a little nap.  Really didn't feel like working on my Christmas present project, mainly because I blogged too long before going to judge the contest, so I didn't have time to get the things from the garage that I need.  So Jon agreed to help me bring in the items needed in the morning so I can work on it first thing tomorrow.  Not that either one of us is going to be excited about going out in the cold to carry things in from the garage in the morning any more than we were excited about the prospect of doing it tonight!

Lani has been coughing in her sleep.  I hope she's not getting sick.  Today she got pinched by another little girl at school.  I told the director that I can't blame the other kids for wanting to get back at Lani because she can be so mean to them, hitting and kicking them.  I didn't feel sorry for Lani, that's for sure!  Maybe a pinch is what she needs so she knows it doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end of the abuse.

Jon is worn out.  This week has been really stressful for him and I think he's relieved that it is over.  When I came home from my restaurant outing, he was vacuuming the living room.  I was so happy to see that!  What a man I have!

Last night we hung out with my parents after classes and opened gifts.  Was a really pleasant evening hanging out with them.  My mom made tacos.  They were excellent, as most everything she makes.  She also found some brie infused with BLACK TRUFFLES!  I love truffles and it was quite the treat!  Lani wanted some on a cracker and ended up eating the brie off of the cracker and left a soggy cracker on her plate.

I spent time tonight looking at penny round tile pics online.  Trying to find a color that is either a gray or brown/tan that would look good downstairs in that bathroom that we'll be building/remodeling very soon.  Want to get some ideas...saw some things I really liked.  We will probably put a white subway tile on the walls, about halfway up around the wet areas (wall and backsplash that the sink will be on) and all the way to the ceiling in the shower area.  I am sooo looking forward to another bathroom in the house.  Since the basement flooded/sewer backed up in '08, we've been without a basement bathroom and it wasn't much of one then; a toilet room/water closet (WC) in the European sense, a sink in the laundry room adjacent to the WC, and a shower that I never used, nor would have used next to it.  Scary, not finished, cement.  The WC wall's were some flimsy pieces of board that had been painted and weren't even framed in well.  The plus is that Jon was able to demo the old stuff for hauling out pretty easily.  Jon has already completed the busting up & moving things under the concrete floor in there.  The perimeter drainage line hasn't been completed yet in the media room, but we'll get to it this Spring or sooner.  I might spend part of this break down there digging up rock to bring up and haul outside.  We'll see.  It would be nice to get some projects done over break so we can move on to the next things on Jon's very long list. 

Since I'm getting up early to work on the presents, I probably should head downstairs, put the load of laundry I washed earlier this evening into the dryer and start the load of dark colors/jeans, so my menfolk have something to wear this weekend on our visit to Peoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment